College's architecture is an interesting combination of traditional
European and modern styles. The Old Building, constructed
in 1920, houses the Form 1 to 3 classrooms as well as the
Form 4 & 5 art stream classrooms. The Chapel Block on
the west side houses the Old Hall, Music Room, Science Laboratories,
Lecture Room and School Chapel. The New Building, which replaced
the original Club Germania on the site, houses the Form 4
& 5 science stream classrooms as well as all Form 6 &
7 classrooms. The Physics, Chemistry and Biology laboratories
as well as the library and both junior and senior computer
rooms are located in this building. The New Hall is also part
of this structure. Our primary and kindergarten sections now
occupy their own premises in Wood Road, Wan Chai.
St. Joseph's College is comprised of three buildings: the
old building which was erected in 1920, the chapel block which
was completed in 1925 and the new building which was opened
in 1963 by Sir Robert Black. In 1968, in order to admit more
students, the primary section was transferred to an independent
establishment at 48, Wood Road, Wanchai.
In 1974, St. Joseph's Kindergarten was established on the
top floor of the Primary School Building. After years of expansion,
St. Joseph's College now provides education for about 4,200
students in the Kindergarten, Primary School and College.
Our College is located at 7 Kennedy Road which is only five
minutes walk from Central - the heart of Hong Kong - and our
neighbours include St. Joseph's Church and Hong Kong Park.
St. Joseph's Path, which joins Kennedy Road and Garden Road,
runs along the east side of our College.